Improve Your Vision Training With Weaker Glasses Online
When you’re doing eye exercises, it’s important that you either stop wearing your glasses for as much as you can, or you step down to a weaker prescription.
This is to reduce the near point stress that may be caused by wearing lenses, and to encourage your eyes to function properly without becoming addicted to lenses.
- Weak to moderate correction – If you need a correction of about 3 diopters or less, you can probably get away with going glasses-free most of your day. It will feel weird at first and the whole world will seem blurry, but you may be surprised at how quickly you acclimatize. Importantly, though, you must still wear full prescription glasses for dangerous tasks like driving.
- Moderate to strong correction - If you are corrected by more than 3 diopters, then it might be too difficult to go without glasses. Rebuild Your Vision recommends you get a weaker prescription. I went with the online retailer 39 Dollar Glasses which provide really cheap glasses so you wont break the bank while going through weaker pairs.
The Safe Way to Self Prescribe
When I say self-prescribe, I’m definitely not talking about guessing your prescription or performing a homemade eye test!
Obtaining weaker glasses is a safe and widely-practiced method among vision training professionals to prevent your eyes from being overpowered with unnecessarily strong lenses. It also encourages your eyes to focus better without full strength lenses, which is an essential way to improve your vision naturally.
Follow this regime throughout your vision training program:
- Get a professional eye test. This is important because you need an accurate starting point. When your optometrist offers to sell you some expenses new glasses, politely decline and take your prescription home.
- Go to 39 Dollar Glasses and choose a pair of frames.
- Enter a slightly weaker version of your latest prescription. Here’s how: Rebuild Your Vision recommends reducing each eye by 0.50 diopters. If you have astigmatism, ignore that correction up to 1.00 diopter, and under correcting larger amounts by a third. Enter all the other details like pupillary distance exactly the same as they appear on your prescription. If you get stuck, see my article on How to Read Your Glasses Prescription.
- Your primary goal is to stop wearing glasses from Day 1 of your vision training. However, this can be difficult with severe refractive errors so you can resort to wearing your new weaker glasses when you need them. For safety reasons, you must wear your full strength glasses during dangerous activities like driving.
- Be sure to have another professional eye test when you feel your vision has noticeably changed, or if you get any headaches or eye strain. This can be a sign that your weaker glasses are now too strong! As before, take your new prescription away and repeat the cycle, until you find your new glasses are so weak you don’t even need them anymore.
Special Offer – Save a $12 at 39 Dollar Glasses
To get a further $12 off your purchase, use this 39 Dollar Glasses coupon (it can be used multiple times and should last forever). Simply enter the coupon code “Twitter” at the checkout and you’ll get a further $12 off your order.
I have several pairs of 39 Dollar Glasses and both the lenses and frames are very good quality. They also come with a free clam-shell case, lens cloth and key ring tool to adjust the tiny screws on your glasses for a perfect fit.
Of all the styles, I recommend the metal frames as the best quality, while the rimless were a little disappointing because they were too loose to create a proper fit for me. However, I really don’t think you can go wrong with a simple metal frame like Roma.